About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 23 November 2021

SUOC #289 - Christmas Inspiration

 




Hi everyone, and welcome to another Stampin' Up! only challenge (SUOC), and I'm so happy as the theme for this week is Christmas, and as many of you will know, I do love making christmas themed cards 😊...... my favourite!


For my card this time, I chose to use just white and grey, as I think it looks quite christmassy, plus I'm just loving these colours together at the moment 😄. So let's see how I made it, and then after you've seen my project maybe you can hop over to the SUOC#289 and have a look at what all of the other members of the design team have made for you to see! Maybe you might join in with th challenge yourself We would all love to see what you come up with.

This is a very quick and simple card to make, starting with a cardbase made from the thick basic white cardstock which measures 14.8cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm. This then has a layer of white on the inside that measures 0.3cm smaller all round.  I punched out the stars in the bottom corner, glued it flat to the inside and then stamped the stars image through the star holes, this gives a really nice look to the inside of the card.

 
Also gives a nice surprise to the recipient when they open the card!

Now to the front of the card.
The first layer for the front is a piece of the 'Peaceful Place' paper, this is cut to the same size as the white layer inside the card. 
The white layer of card that goes on top of the paper is again cut 0.3cm smaller all around, this has the stars punched out of it, the ribbon after being coloured with the dark Smoky Slate stampin' blend is attached to the back of the card using tear and tape,  then it is glued flat to the paper. The star image is stamped twice, using second generation Basic Gray ink. The whole piece is then glued flat to the card front.  A set of the stars are stamped, punched out and then attached to the card, just slightly to the side of each punched out star so that the paper shows, using dimensionals. Then using second generation of the ink I stamped two sets of stars and punched them out. Some of these were then attached to the card front with glue.


With another piece of the ribbon, having been coloured in again, I cut it into 3, along the length of the ribbon. These were then tied to the ribbon on the card and tied into a bow.
The sentiment was stamped, cut to the size required and then glued to a larger piece of Basic Gray card and attached to the card front. The last thing I did was to add some of the rhinestones.



Hope you enjoyed todays project, as I said it was a very quick card to make, I loved how the ribbon looked on it, and I love that you can colour it in to be whatever colour you need!

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x

Product List

Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25

4 comments:

  1. I just love this colour combo, simple yet absolutely stunning Natalie. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwhh thanks Debbie sometimes simple is best x Natalie

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Nat, that everybody can enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cindy and thanks for sorting the link out you're a star x

      Delete