Hello everyone and welcome to another SUO challenge, actually this time it's combining two challenges into one. The theme this time is Celebrating Christmas, and I love to make christmas cards it's one of my favourite themes. So without going on any longer let's get started and look at the card I've made for you today.....
I've made a relatively simple card today, as I know like myself you'll probably be quite busy this time of the year preparing for the celebrations and quick cards are what we need at the moment. Those of you that know me will know that I love snowflake cards and therfore I just had to include them on my card.......
Whisper white thick cardstock - 1 sheet of A4 cut at 4 1/8" on the longside and then scored in half at 5 7/8" for the card base
1pc - 2 5/8" x 5" for the front of card curvy layer
Highland heather cardstock - 1pc 3 1/2" x 5 1/8" for the front of card layer
Scrap pieces to die cut some snowflakes
Designer series paper - 1pc 3 3/8" x 5 for the front of card layer
Purple Posy cardstock - Scrap pieces to die cut some snowflakes
Blue adhesive backed gems - 5 for the front of card
Highland heather classic stampin'pad - for stamping the sentiment
1. Cut, score and burnish where needed all of the different pieces of card and dsp.
2. Die cut your piece of whisper white cardstock using the curvy die, making sure that you have it the right way up (die cutting edge to the bottom, pattern to the top). Now emboss the top piece of card with the snowflake embossing folder.
3. Glue the dsp flat onto the highland heather layer leaving an equal border all around the edges. Now glue the die cut piece of whisper white with the pattern in it to the top of the dsp, stamp the sentiment onto the other piece before attaching flat to the bottom of the dsp. Glue this whole piece centrally to the front of the cardbase.
4. Die cut a number of snowflakes from the 2 different purple colours and glue them together, giving them a little curl with your fingers to give the snowflake more dimension.
5. Glue the snowflake to the front of the card and then glue the self adhesive gems to the front making sure you put one in the middle of your snowflake.
That's the card finished very quick and simple. Hope you liked it. would be great if you left me a comment I really would appreciate it.
Take care stay safe and keep crafting
Big Crafty Hugs
If shopping with myself on line during november then please remember to use my host code for that month, this will enable me to send you a small gift in the post the following month.
NOVEMBER HOST CODE