About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Monday 22 February 2021

Kylie's International Highlights/Winners Blog Hop




Hello again everyone. Well I'm very pleased to announce that with much thanks to all of you who voted for me in the Kylie Bertucci International highlights blog this month, I've managed to come in the top 10 and I'm therefore doing Kylie's blog hop with herself and 9 other very talented ladies, who also managed to come in the top 10, so well done to all!!. I'm so excited and also very grateful. The card I'm sharing with you all today is using products from the mini catalogue, the annual catalogue and also a sentiment from one of the stampsets from the sale-a-bration catalogue which will soon be coming to and end on 28th February, so if you'd like anything from it you'll have to be quick, remember items are free with qualifying orders of £45. So let's get onto the card which is why you're here, please don't forget to hop onto all of the other ladies blogs and have a look at their amazing projects.




Materials needed:

Basic white thick cardstock

1pc - 5" x 10" scored on the long side at 5" - card base

1pc - 4-7/8" x 4-7/8" - inside of card

1pc - 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" - front of card layer

Scrap pieces - stamping flowers and sentiment

Soft seafoam cardstock

1pc - 4-3/4" x 4-3/4" - front of card layer

Scrap piece - stamping leaves

Purple posy cardstock

1pc - big enough to die cut the whole of the brush stroke effect die out

Highland heather cardstock

1pc - big enough to die cut the whole of the brush stroke effect die out

Highland heather classic stampin'pad

Soft seafoam classic stampin' pad

Pear pizzazz classic stampin'pad

Rhinestone basic jewels

Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing folder


Card Instructions

1. Fold and burnish the card base.

2. Dry emboss the soft seafoam piece of card using the embossing folder and glue onto the front of the card base.

3. Stamp the basic white card piece for the inside of card, using the brush effect images, alternating the colours - Soft seafoam and Highland heather, glue the finished piece into the card inside.

Inside of card

4. Die cut the two different colours of card using the brush stroke effect die, if you make sure that it's die cut in the centre, you can then use these two pieces for two other cards(waste not want not as they say).

5. Now with the basic white piece of card for the front of card layer, place one of the coloured die cut templates over the top (don't glue it this is just to give you a guide), having removed the pieces that have cut out from it. With the larger pieces place glue on the back and place the matching pieces into the gaps of the template. Alternate the colours, you will only fit 4 onto the card layer and you can use the one template for both colours as they are both the same. The smaller pieces if you wish to use these then I used the Fine tip glue pen to put glue into the gaps and then my take your pick tool to place the matching pieces into place.



6. Stamp and die cut all of the flowers and leaves required, to get the lighter flowers I just stamped off twice using the same ink, that way you get a dark and a light one (for the leaves I've used Pear pizzazz ink onto soft seafoam card oooooops meant to use the matching ink, but I thought it still looked nice so didn't change it lol).

7. Give all of the flowers and leaves a slight curve using a bone folder and then glue into place, the larger flowers I have placed stampin' dimensionals on the back to give them a bit of height lifting them above the smaller ones.

8. Stamp the sentiment from Heal your Heart (free sale-a-bration item) one in Pear pizzazz and then another in Highland heather and then using my snips I cut one word from each colour and glued into place.



9. Place rhinestone jewels onto the card piece and then glue the whole thing onto the front of the card base.

Card finished I loved making this card, I hope you like it?. Once again thankyou so much to all those who voted for me making it possible for me to take part in this blog hop. Please now hop onto all of the other ladies blogs and see what fantastic projects they have to share with you all.

Take care till next time

Huge Crafty Hugs

Natalie xx





Product List

Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25
Bone Folder
[102300]
£6.50

 

20 comments:

  1. This bundel brushed blooms had been on and off my list but now it is on my list again I like the dies. Love the color combo. X Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really lovely bundle Babara I'm really pleased I purchased it and I love purples with greens thankyou so much for your comment x Natalie

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Melva for your lovely comment x Natalie

      Delete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maheswari these are some of my favourite colours to use together x Natalie

      Delete
  4. So soft and lovely! Such a great card Natalie!
    Congrats on making it to the Top Ten!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Simone for your help and your lovely comment many congratulations to you too x Natalie

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card Natalie!
    I hadn't noticed this bundle brushed blooms in the catalogue before,
    but thanks to your card it's set off beautifully - Love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Liane for your lovely comment so kind of you x Natalie

      Delete
  6. Very Nice Card. Congrats to making it in the Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Diane very kind of you x Natalie

      Delete
  7. Very pretty and I love a square card! Congrats Natalie on making it to the top ten bog hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Kylie for making it possible for me to participate in this blog hop it's such a thrill for me I'm very overwhelmed with it all x Natalie

      Delete
  8. Brilliant instruction for a brilliant card! thank you and congrats making it into the Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Lola very kind of you x Natalie

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on getting into the top 10! Stunning card, Natalie, just beautiful, soft and delicate, it is fun to see a square card, your layout is fab, many thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Anne I love square cards they seem to make up really easily. Thanks for your lovely comment and your endless support x Natalie

      Delete
  10. Such a very pretty card Natalie! Congrats on making Kylie's Top 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beth still can't believe I made it. Thanks for the lovely comment x Natalie

      Delete