- My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.
Tuesday, 25 January 2022
Tuesday, 18 January 2022
Hello again and welcome to another SUOChallenges . This week the challenge was to make something that is clean and simple, this is my take on the challenge.
I've used the really pretty and clever Wildflower Path stampset, why clever I hear you ask, well the stampset is a two step stampset which means there are two stamps that are stamped on top of each other to form the image, now you can use the same colour ink and different ink strengths, this is what is known as 1st, 2nd generation ink, and basically you stamp the image once for 1st generation and then you stamp again giving yourself the 2nd generation of ink to be used. For this card however I have used the Coastal cabana ink for the first image that's stamped and then Bermuda bay for the second image stamped on top of the first one. I love the way the flowers look in the two tone colour I think it makes the flower pop and it looks really pretty too!
So I have cut myself a cardbase that opens up from the side, and then I have cut myself a layer of Bermuda bay cardstock which is slightly smaller and attached this to the front using glue. The next white layer, that is again slightly smaller, I have brushed a very watered down solution (which is made from a drop of the bermuda bay ink refill and lots of water on a stamping block), all over using the largest of the water painters, I haven't brushed over it lots as I'm not using watercolour paper, and it will make the card warp if too much water is put on it. This is then attached to the card front flat with glue. The images are all stamped onto a piece of white card and then die cut out using the largest of the circle dies.
Three strips of card have been cut to 1/2", the white has the sentiment stamped onto it and the edges cut at angles to the length required. The bermuda bay and coastal cabana strips are cut to two different lengths and again the edges are cut at angles, these two are then glued together offset from each other and glued falt to the front of the card base. The circle is attached using dimensionals and the sentiment is attached using dimensional on the one side of it. The last thing I did to finish the card off was to attach five of the clear beads that are found in the sparkle and shine sequins using tiny dots of glue.
That is my 'Clean and simple' card. It was quick and easy to make and would be great for batch making cards. Hope you liked it?
And now please do hop over to the SUOC#293 and see what all of the other designers have created for your inspiration.
Huge Crafty Hugs
OCTOBERS HOST CODE
Hello and welcome to another Craftalong tuesday. Hope you're all keeping well and having lots of time to spend crafting with all of your favourite products. Well today I decided to play with the rather lovely 'Daffodil daydreams' bundle, this is a bundle that comprises of not only pretty stamps but also a die set that consists of 24 dies WOW! alot of dies, and they make such beautiful daffodils, so let's have a look at what I made for you.
The card I made for 3 different occasions, the basis of the cards are the same, I just changed the way the flowers sat for each one!
Card base in basic white - 14.8cm x 21cm scored in half at 10.5cm
Daffodil delight cardstock layer - 10.2cm x 14.5cm
Daffodil Afternoon dsp layer - 9.7cm x 14cm
Old olive cardstock layer - 7.5cm x 12cm
Largest stitched rectangle die in basic white
Old olive, Daffodil delight and Crushed curry card for the flowers
I cut and scored my cardbase and then attached the card and paper layers onto the front flat using glue. The stitched rectangle was stamped using Old olive ink for the splodges effect and Tuxedo black memento for the sentiment, this was then attached to the old olive layer using dimensionals then attached to the front of the card flat using glue.
After having die cut all of the flower, leaf and stem pieces out I glued them altogether matching them all up with their co-ordinating pieces.
Linen thread was tied around the flowers after they're glued together to make it look like a bouquet of daffodils.These were then attached to the card front using glue on the stems and dimensionals behind the flowers. The last thing I added to the card for a bit of sparkle were some of the new Irridescent rhinestones, which are so pretty and finish my card off just perfect!
Hope you enjoyed todays make and give it a go yourself, these dies are just so wonderful to create with and the great thing is that the papers are one of the free items you can obtain from sale a-bration with a qualifying order of £45 (not including p&p). You'll find a full list of all the products I used for this weeks card down below.
Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Please don't forget if placing an order with me under £150 and you live in the UK to use my Host code for this month to receive a small gift the following month from me x
January Host code