About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Craftalong Tuesday - Merry Christmas


 Hello everyone and welcome to another Craftalong tuesday. Can you believe it's the last day of November and we will all very soon be putting up our christmas decorations....... I love this time of year, and I especially love to make my own christmas cards, especially when there are so many beautiful products to create with. So without going on for too long..... let's see how I made my card this week.

I have to say that one of my absolute favourite papers, has to be the Peaceful cabin speciality papers. They have such beautiful images on them and foiling that really brings the papers alive.

For my card I have chosen the sheet of paper that has the gorgeous silver foiled christmas trees printed on them, infact they're printed in such a way that you can cut one sheet up and get six of these cards I've made out of it, now that has got to be a very economical way to make your cards!

For the base of my card I took a piece of the Basic Gray cardstock and cut it along the short side at 10.5cm and then scored this at 14.8cm, this gets you two cards out of one sheet. This is folded and burnished and then Basic White layers that measure 10.2cm x 14.5cm are glued flat to the front and the inside of the card. 

Now my next two layers are glued together flat and then attached to the card front using dimensionals, and they are a Basic Gray layer 9.8cm x 14.1cm and the paper is 9.5cm x 13.8cm. Before attaching to the card front I glued 5 tiny stars onto the front and the trees, having die cut them out from Silver foil, white and gray cardstock, using the Christmas tree dies.

The ribbon I made using a length of ribbon about 38cm long, cut it into three long strands and used one of them to make a double bow. Then I took a length that was about 20cm cut this into three long strands, tied them together in a knot, this was then attached to the card front using glue dots and the bow was attached onto the top, again using glue dots.

The last thing I did was to create a stand for my card, because as you know when you make a card that opens at the top sometimes it falls open flat, when you try and display it, so it needed the stand for support, plus I think it added a bit of interest to the card, having the sentiment on the front of it. For this you need a piece of the Basic Gray cardstock that measures 10.5cm x 10cm and on the short side you will score at 2cm, 6cm and 8cm. The first score line will get folded up and glued to the back of the card base, I snipped a small bit off from both ends to make it look neater. 

The next score line gets folded up too, and the last one gets folded down, this forms a stopper for the card to stand against, and on the very front panel you will attach a piece of the Basic White cardstock 10.2cm x 1.7cm. The sentiment section is a Basic Gray piece -  2.5cm x 9.5cm and this has a piece of white attached flat to the front - 2.2cm x 9.5cm the sentiment from the Heartfelt wishes is stamped using Basic Gray ink, before it's attached, then the whole piece is glued flat to the card stand, be mindful that not all of it needs glue on as it doesn't all sit on the stand, some of it sits proud from it.


Side view of the card when standing.

That is the card finished, hope you liked it? I love the way the ribbon gives a sparkle to the card and the great thing is that the stand will fold back on itself and sit inside the card flat for popping inside your envelope.




Until next time

Huge Crafty Hugs

Natalie x


Product List

Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Natalie, an elegant classic! Love it and of course, I always love a fun fold, will definitely give this a try, many thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete