About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Creative Colour Challenge#11 - Stitched snowflakes

 


Hi everyone and welcome to another Creative Colour Challenge and for this weeks CCC#11 the colours are as shown below.


click on the above image to see how you too can join in with the challenge!

I've made my card for the challenge today using my new favourite - for now anyway 😂,  'Stitched snowflakes', I'm loving these dies and the stamps that go with them are just wonderful to use. So let's see how I made it!

I started with a side opening white card base, which I glued a white layer to the inside and set aside.
The layer for the front of the card measured 10.2cm x 14.5cm (the inside layer is the same size), I cut 2 of these layers for the front of the card, one I set aside and the other I stamped lots of the snowflake images onto using the Night of Navy and Fresh Freesia inks. Once the ink was dry I then cut myself 5 strips that measured 2.7cm x 10.2cm, there is a small piece leftover that isn't needed. I then glued all of these pieces onto the other layer that I set aside making sure they have equal gaps in between them, the easiest way I found to do this is to glue the two ends on first, these need to be glued flush with the edges, then I glued the middle piece into place, followed by the two inner pieces, the whole time I made sure that I kept them in pattern order. This layer was then glued flat to the front of the card base.
I then die cut some of the stitched snowflakes out and attached them to the front of the card, some flat, the others on a mini dimensional.
The sentiment was stamped using the Evening Evergreen ink and then fussy cut out. Mini dimensionals were attached to the back, I had them doubled up for the depth and this was then attached to the card front. 
The last thing I did was to place some of the rhinestones on to the snowflakes and the card was finished. Simple, quick but such fun to make, and as you can see I made another one this time adding some ribbon, coloured in with my stamping blends to match the colour challenge.


Hope you enjoyed todays make and maybe you'll find time to hop over to the CCC#11 and join in with the fun!

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x


 Product List

Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00




3 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning! I would never of thought Christmas & snowflakes for this combo. It looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in with Creative Colour Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Natalie, that’s a colour combination but what an amazing result x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Natalie, very striking colours for Christmas snowflakes :) many thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete