About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Craftalong Tuesday - Stitched snowflakes/part 1


Good morning to you all, and welcome to another fun Craftalong tuesday, where today I have a card which I had so much fun creating, I hope you enjoy making it too!
I've used the beautifully, exquisite bundle called 'Merry snowflakes' . The dies in this bundle are so beautiful and the sentiments within the stampset are also delightful.

I'm going to just say that when I made this card, after die cutting my circle out, I just had to use it on another card which is going to follow next week as Part 2, so don't lose it when you've cut it out!

For this card you will need 2 pieces of thick basic white cardstock that measure 10.5cm x 16.5cm. On both pieces, and on both sides of the longside score at 1.5cm and 3cm this leaves an area in the middle that then measures 10.5cm x 10.5cm. Fold and burnish with your bone folder so that you form a valley then a mountain.

this is how the card will look from above once glued together, this is done once the decorating of the card has been done.

On one of the pieces you will need to attach a piece of the exquisite Whimsy & Wonder paper, which measures 10cm x 10cm to the front, once the glue is dry you then need to die cut the largest of the plain circle dies within the 'Layering circles' dies out in the middle, this gives you the see through piece on the front of the card, know as an apperture (do not lose this circle it's needed for next weeks craftalong).
Now you will need to use another piece of paper, same size, I've used the reverse side of my front piece as it just looks so lovely together, and this is glued flat to the other white card piece, this will become the inside of your card.
Three of the die cut snowflakes, which I've die cut out using basic white, mint macaron and silver foil are attached to the inside section of the card, I've glued 2 and used a dimensional for the third one.



The other snowflakes are then attached to the front section of the card, again using glue for some and dimensionals for others.



The sentiment I've inked with Mint Macaron ink and then placed a small amount of glue either end and attached across the apperture. I then coloured my glittered organdy ribbon with a Mint macaron stampin' blend pen and left to dry for a while before tying it into a double bow and attaching to the card front suing glue dots to do so. I added 3 of my Mint Macaron Genial gems onto the centres of all 3 white snowflakes.
The last thing left to do for this card was to attach both of the pieces together using wet glue, you can see from the picture above which sections are glued together. The card should fold reasonably flat to fit in an envelope.

Well I hope you enjoyed the card we made today, as I said I had such fun creating it and I'm hoping you have as much fun re creating with your pieces.

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x

Don't forget to pop back next week and see what we will be making with the die cut circle!

  Product List

Genial Gems
[155500]
£7.50
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have to say I actually loved this one too 🥰 x Natalie

      Delete
  2. And you’ve coloured the ribbon with your blends…what a clever idea Natalie thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always lovely to have everything matching I love that the stampin' blends enable you to have the colour ribbon you need x thanks for your comments Debbie really appreciate it

      Delete
  3. Wowzer, what a stunning card, Natalie, I love these diorama type cards they are so much fun with lots of dimension! Fabulous colours and sparkly snowflakes! Love it ☺️ x

    ReplyDelete