About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 2 November 2021

Craftalong Tuesday - Cute treat box

 


Hi everyone, it's tuesday again and time for another Craftalong!. Can you believe we are now in to November 😮, where are the months going?

Today I thought we'd make a cute little treat box that could maybe hang from your christmas tree, with a small treat inside, like a delicious homemade sweet 😊 yummy.

It's a very simple box to make just using one piece of card, cutting, scoring, folding and glueing, coudn't be easier (I hope!). We start off with an A4 sheet of cardstock, I've used Cinnamon cider for mine, this gets cut on the longside at 15cm and then on the shorter side cut it at 18cm (the piece that is leftover, which is about half a sheet, is going to be used next week to make a card to go with the box). You will now need to score it as follows. 
18cm side score - 2cm, 6cm, 10cm and 14cm
15cm side score - 1.5cm, 5.5cm,9.5cm and 13.5cm

Now you need to cut as the diagram shows you below


The end with the small 2cm tab section is the end that has the pieces cut off the corners.


This is what your piece will look like once you have cut the sections off as shown below.


Fold the centre flap in and line then cut the outer 2 sections leaving about 1.5cm tabs, I used my trimmer but you can just use your snips to do this.


Both sides are cut the same way.


Now using the detailed trio punch round the corners on the 2cm tab and using a small circle punch take a small section off the other end, this helps to open the finished box once it's closed. On all of the tabs cut a small section off each corner as seen above.



The 4 inner tabs are what you need to apply glue to and then attach to the section from the middle, which also has 2 tabs on (these do NOT have glue on them these help keep the lid of the box shut once finished). Only glue one side at a time or you might get a bit messy from the glue.


This is what the box looks like from above once both ends have been glued, the lid section with the corners rounded is free to close with the side tabs keeping it shut.


Cute little box made from one piece!

Now all that remains to do is the decorating, I've used the really gorgeous Gingerbread & Peppermint dsp to do mine, these papers have some lovely images on them, which can be either fussy cut out or die cut out ( you'll find them in the mini catalogue July - December 2021 on page 10), I fussy cut mine out, as my dies haven't arrived yet 😊 the stampset that goes with it is gorgeous too, can't wait for them to arrive!
I cut myself 6 pieces of the paper 3.8cm x 3.8cm to go on all sides, even the bottom 'cos I thought if it's hanging in my tree the bottom will be seen, right! These were all glued flat tothe box sides (don't forget to use your circle punch on one of them to match up with the section of the box).
Once dry I made a hole using my hole punch and then tied the gold trim thrugh to form a loop on top, the ribbon I tied in a double bow and then attached to the top of the lid using glue dots and a small amount of glue. 
I stamped my sentiment, I used one from the set that carried over from last year into the annual catalogue called Perfectly plaid, using Real red ink onto a scrap piece of basic white cardstock and then fussy cut around it. All of the candy circles were fussy cut out of the papers and then attached to the box on all sides, some were glued on flat and some attached using dimensionals, I then attached my sentiment and added a few of the Red rhinestones and the gold Gilded gems.

 I just loved the finished box here are some more pictures of it.






 Also while I was making I decided to make another one, this time I made a bow from the papers for the top of it, and then I went on to make one of the cute pillow boxes, which are so simple to do using the Pretty pillowbox dies.





Hope you enjoyed todays little project, don't forget to come back next week to see what I make with the other half of the cardstock!

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x




Product List
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00
Gilded Gems
[152478]
£6.50
Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25
Bone Folder
[102300]
£6.50




6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Natalie. Such clear instructions. I'm going to have a go at making them for the Christmas table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless you Suzanne so glad the instructions are ok never sure 🥰 thanks for commenting x Natalie

      Delete
  2. Awww absolutely super cute projects, I love this suite, it is adorable as are your lovely bones and treat pouch, many thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne I love these papers they're so easy to cut sections out of or lovely as backgrounds x 💖

      Delete
  3. Did you really make the brown fancy bow? It’s amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😉 I did Debbie I was shown how to by Emma Goddard and now I'm hooked. I'll show you how when I see you x Natalie

      Delete