About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 29 March 2022

SUOC#298 - Critters and Animals

 


Hello again everyone and welcome to another SUOChallenge where all of the design team have been creating some beautiful projects for you to see using some of their favourite stampsets with critters or animals on. It was clear right from the start which set I was going to be using and I couldn't wait to create with it, so let's see what I came up with for you all to hopefully get some inspiration from............


Just had to be done! What with Easter just around the corner, and the fact that I fell in love with this cute character the moment I saw it in the mini catalogue, I knew I had to get it! 
I made myself a basic card base using the thick basic white cardstock, and then chose the colours that I thought looked nice together for my easter card, these were smoky slate and so saffron.  These were both attached to the front of the card using glue. They're both quite soft colours, so I added a bit of old olive for the flower leaves and pear pizzazz for the grass, this just lifted the card a bit. 
I stamped the grass onto the basic white layer where I wanted the bunny to sit, and then I stamped the bunny using smoky slate, this was stamped over the grass. I then stamped the bunny again using the same colour onto a piece of scrap cardstock and fussy cut him out using my snips (the fluffy hairy bit around the outside of the bunny doesn't need to be cut out as this is already on the white layer to use as a shadow guide). Making sure I had cut around the little hands so that he could hold my message, I then attached him to the white layer using dimensionals just down the centre of him, and carefully lined him up with the stamped image. 
The daffodils I stamped using smoky slate ink pad and then coloured in using both of the So Saffron and just the light Old Olive blends, I then fussy cut these out cutting the one flower from the left side of the image away from the rest of the flowers. The stem from the single flower tucked under the bunny's hands and had a dimensional placed under the flower head. The sentiment was stamped using the black memento ink and cut to the size required before being tucked under the bunny's hands and glue placed on the underside of it to keep it in place. The rest of the daffodil bunch had dimensionals placed under the flower heads and this was tucked under the other side of the bunny to help balance him up. This whole layer was then attached to the card front using dimensionals.
To finish my card off I tied a length of the linen thread and attached it with a glue dot, then I placed some of the polished dots onto the front of the card.
I really enjoyed creating this card it was such fun watching it as it developed. I hope you enjoyed seeing my card as much as I enjoyed making it. Now you can hop over to the SUOChallenge and see what all the other design team members have to share with you.
Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x


 Product List

Linen Thread
[104199]
£4.75
Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00




6 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Natalie - the daffodils are the perfect setting for this guy, and how sweet to see him holding his little Easter sign! Awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Heather I love this cute little guy think he's definitely a keeper when he retires x Natalie

      Delete
  2. Awww Natalie, super cute card, the Easter bunny and daffodils! Brilliant! Love this sweet card. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Anne I just love the cute little bunny and the daffodils and I think they compliment each other really well. Thanks for your comment x Natalie

      Delete
  3. Such a delicately charming card! Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete