About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Monday 10 January 2022

The Stamping cove challenge - Sale-A-Bration



Hi everyone, and welcome to the first of my blog posts that are for the StampingcoveChallenge of which I am so excited to say that I am part of the amazing design team!  When Emma Goddard asked me to be part of her new design team over on her facebook page I was so excited and very honoured, and of course it's a privilege to be creating alongside all of the other amazing ladies that are on the team too!

The challenge for this month was to create something using products from the Sale a-bration catalogue or a celebration card, and I just couldn't resist using the beautiful 'Friendly Hello' bundle, that is free to order with a qualifying £90 order, and I have to say that the stampset and papers are absolutely exquisite!

The card I've created is a simple side fold card which I've atttached a piece of the patterned papers on top, after having torn the edges to make it look a bit shabby, I love this look, it makes the paper stand out from the card without using dimension.
I die cut one of the 'Stitched so sweetly' rectangle dies out and gave it a very slight colouring with Granny apple green ink using a blending brush, and stamping some of the dots onto it, using the same ink.  I stamped lots of the foilage and leaves, using shaded spruce and granny apple green ink and fussy cut them all out. The bird and flowers were stamped using the tuxedo black memento ink and colouring them in using Fresh freesia and Pool party stampin' blends, and then fussy cut these out too. The large flowers I've added wink of stella to add a small bit of sparkle.


All of the pieces that have been fussy cut out are now attached to the rectangle using dimensionals and glue. The sentiment I stamped out twice, one using the tuxedo black memento ink and the other using versamark ink, gold embossing powder and heat setting it. I've fussy cut the sentiment out using different sections from each of them and then attached the 'Hope you have' with glue and the 'Best Birthday' with dimensionals. The last thing I've done is to attach 3 of the pearls onto the card front.


I was really happy with how the finished card turned out and can't wait to see all of the other design team creations. Thankyou Emma for this amazing opportunity, I really do appreciate it.

Huge crafty hugs
Natalie xx


 Product List

Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning card, Natalie, love the colours and all the delicate details, so beautiful, thank you for sharing your beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete