About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 4 January 2022

SUOC#292 - Designers Choice

 



Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to you all. I hope you've all had a wonderful christmas and we all have a great 2022! It's time for another SUOchallenge and the theme for this time was - Designers choice, which means we can use whatever takes our fancy, along as it's Stampin' Up! products yayyyyy...........



Today sees the launch of the new Jan - June mini catalogue and I'm so excited to be using one of the new bundles called - Honeybee Home, which you can find on page 59 of the new catalogue.......... If you live in the UK and don't already have a demonstrator and you'd like to get your hands on one of the new catalogues, then get in touch with me and I'll be very happy to send you one.
This new bundle is so pretty, when I first saw it in the catalogue I thought I would definitely need to get this one, I fell in love with it straight away!
The card I made is a relatively simple one to create. I've inked the white background using a blending brush and the Misty moonlight ink, blending a light coating in the middle and then flicking some of the ink from the dark Misty moonlight stampin blend all over the card layer before attaching it to a piece of Misty moonlight card stock. This is then attached flat to the front a Basic white card base.
I stamped a few of the flower images onto the card front, using Misty moonlight ink, and a couple onto scrap card pieces, these I coloured in using the watercolour pencils and then die cut out using the matching die within the bundle. These were then glued onto th card base front.
Using the Tailor made tags dies, I die cut the largest one out, attached a piece of the denim ribbon onto it,  using a stapler, this was then attached to the front of the card base using diemensionals.
The foilage was die cut out using the misty moonlight and basic white card stock, tied at the base using some of the linen thread and attached to the tag using dimensionals. I then tied a small bow out of the same thread and attached it using a glue dot. 
The bumble bee, which I think is really cute and by the way there are actually 3 different bee stamps within this gorgeous stampset, was stamped using black memento ink, and coloured in again using the watercolour pencils before I die cut it out and attachd to the card front using a dimensional.
The classic matt dots were coloured in using my dark Misty moonlight stampin blend and then placed randomnly onto the card front.
All that remained to be done then was to stamp my sentiment, using Misty moonlight ink and fussy cutting the words out before attaching to the card front using glue.
I loved how quickly this card came together and how it looked at the end. I hope you like it, and I hope you find time to hop on over and see what all of the other designers have made for you to see over on the SUOC#292 I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration and hopefully you'll even join in with the challenge yourself, we love seeing your creations. 

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x


 Product List

Linen Thread
[104199]
£4.75
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Natalie, love the tag and little bee, great colours and elements. Wishing a Happy New Year to you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Anne and a very Happy New Year to you too x Natalie

      Delete