About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 7 December 2021

Craftalong Tuesday - Twinkle Twinkle Christmas star

 


Hi everyone and welcome to what is going to be my last Craftalong tuesday for 2021, I'm taking a break and concentrating on getting some bits done for myself, but I will be back in 2022 with lots of new ideas and some wonderful new products to share with you all. I will however be popping on a few more times with different blog hops that I take part in.

For this card I've carried on using those beautiful papers from the Peaceful Place, finishing off some of the papers that I still have in my stash!
This is a simple card to create and I loved making it for you all to see!

The first thing I did was to cut myself a Basic White thick card base that opens from the side. This then had a layer of the Basic Gray cardstock, smaller than the card, attached to the front. The paper, which is smaller than the last layer,  I attached to a piece of Basic White cardstock the same size before attaching to the card front, I just think it lifts the paper up slightly, but without adding dimensionals to it.


I then die cut myself a few different sized circles, using the layering circles, one in White, one in Basic Gray and the other in Silver foil. The larger circle I wrapped some of the simply elegant trim around and attached some tear & tape on the back to secure it into place. After having punched lots of the stars out using the star punch in all of the different colours, also stamping some (for the one star with an image on it) using Basic Gray ink, I attached some of them to the circle, some with glue and some on diemensonals. 
With a length of the metallic mesh ribbon tied in a knot in the middle and pulled about a bit to give it some shape, I attached this to the front of the card using tear & tape. 
The large circle was then attached onto the ribbon using dimensionals. The smaller circles were glued flat under the large circle, you might need to trim a bit off each of them to be able to place them where you would like to. 


The sentiment I stamped using Basic Gray ink and attached to the card using dimensionals. I then attached more of the stars straight onto the card front, again some glued flat others on dimensionals, this gives a bit of depth to your finished card. The last thing I did was to colour some of the rhinestones using my dark Smoky Slate stampin' blend and then added these tothe card front. 

I hope you liked the project for today and enjoy making it with me.
Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x

See you in 2022 for another Craftalong Tuesday blog!



 Product List

Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00



1 comment:

  1. Just love this, the right colours can make a simple card look something stunning. Thanks Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete