About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 9 November 2021

SUOC#288 - Thanksgiving/Fall

 


Hi everyone, it's time for another Stampin' Up! only challenge (SUOC#288) and for this weeks the theme is Thanksgiving/Fall. 
Now here in the UK we don't actually celebrate thanksgiving, but I always try to do my best and incorporate a card for this challenge theme. So the card I've got for you today is a really simple card, but very thankful and autumnal (fall) also well I think it is😉.......


I loved how my leaves turned out using one colour ink for the base and then using two other colours and finger daubers to apply the other ink colours, they look really autumnal (fall) coloured......



The card I used was a Basic White top fold card, which I then layered with a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock, having stamped the woodgrain effect (from the Gorgeous leaves stampset) using Pumpkin pie ink. The next layer I used was Old Olive, and this had a smaller layer of Cajun Craze glued flat to it, after using the Stitched greenery die on it first (this gives a beautiful stitched effect cut into the card), then the layers had linen thread wrapped around them both and tied in a bow at the front. The whole section is then attached to the front of the card using dimensionals.

All of the leaf images are on a stamp from the time of giving bundle, so you get to stamp and die cut all 3 different leaves at the same time, which is a great time saver! I first inked the stamp with Pumpkin Pie ink and then I applied the other 2 colours - Cajun Craze and Old Olive, using the daubers, I love this technique as you always get a surprise when you lift the stamp up, after having stamped the image.
All of the leaves were attached to the card front using glue. The sentiment was stamped using Cajun Craze ink again, cut out to look like a banner and attached using dimensionals. The last thing I did was to attach 3 of the gorgeous Genial Gems onto the card front.



Hope you enjoyed todays project, please do hop over and see what all of the other design team members have created for you, there are some beautiful makes and lots of inspiration to be seen and if you find time why not join in with the challenge yourself, we'd all love to see what you make for the SUOC#288 challenge

Until next time 
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x



Product List

Linen Thread
[104199]
£4.75
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00
Bone Folder
[102300]
£6.50
Genial Gems
[155500]
£7.50



2 comments:

  1. Beautifully autumnal. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning card, Natalie, beautiful colours and love those leaves :)

    ReplyDelete