About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Thursday 2 July 2020

SUOC 252 Celebrating summer Fayres


Hello again everyone, and welcome to another project made for a challenge for the 
SUOC 252 this months theme is Celebrating Summer, and I have to say we're not having a bad summer ... so far... here in the UK.
The card I've made for this project is how I relate to summer, having all the fetes and summer fayres (in usual times though). So I thought let's still celebrate the times we usually have anyway and try and capture a bit of it in my card.

So let's get started...

Materials needed:

Whisper white thick cardstock
1pc - 5 1/2" x 11" score on longside @ 5 1/2" - card base
1pc - 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" for front card layer
1pc - 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" for inside of card
1pc - A4 length x 3" for the bunting
Scrap piece for the fern die cut

Daffodil delight cardstock
1pc - 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" for front card layer
1pc - approx 1 1/4" x 4 1/2" for die cutting letters

Granny apple green cardstock
1pc - approx 1" x 6 1/2" for the tiny bunting


Card recipe:

1. Cut , score and burnish yourcard base. Glue your whisper white piece into the inside of your card.
2. The whisper white piece for the front needs to be embossed through your embossing folder, the way I did it was by laying the card where I wanted the fern to go on the top of my card piece and only placing my plate over this piece so you only emboss this piece, then move it over to the otherside of the top piece and do the same. The pattern will show where you've tried to match it up, but this is where your die cut fern comes into place and hides it. Glue this piece to the daffodil delight piece, wrap some ribbon round it, stampyour sentiment onto it, and then glue this piece onto the front of your card.
3. Now you need to stamp your triangles onto your whisper white piece as in the picture below, and then carefully die cut your 8 bunting triangles out.




4. Die cut your tiny bunting from your granny apple green card piece . Now glue 2 of your stamped bunting triangles onto the reverse of each section of the tiny bunting, you will need to overlap them a tiny bit.
5. You can now carefully decide where your bunting is going to go, having already glued your fern piece into place, leaving sections not glued so that they can intertwine with your bunting, when you glue it into place.
6. Having cut your letters out, and if you wish so you can place the adhesive sheet on the back before you cut them, making it easier to glue them to the front of your card, but if you prefer you can adhere them using glue.
7. Tie a bow onto your ribbon.
8. Using the non brush end of your stampin' blend colour 3 x jewels in and when dry place onto your card front.

Hope you enjoyed this project I know I certainly had alot of fun making it. Thanks so much for popping onto my blog and having a look, if you'd like to leave a comment I'd really appreciate it.
Until next time take care and keep crafting.
Big Crafty Hugs
Natalie xx

Products used:



















10 comments:

  1. What a sweet banner you've created - and I LOVE that alphabet! Very summery, indeed. Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather loved making this card thanks for the challenge x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie it was a lovely card to make and I'm loving the new alphabet dies too xx

      Delete
  3. Stunning summery card, beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love how you did the pennants and great use of the alphabet dies. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you again for the next challenge going live on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much loved this months challenge x

      Delete
  5. Lovely summery card, love the tone on tone dies cuts they really make the pennants pop :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much I was very please with how it turned out it definitely made me feel summery xx

      Delete