About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Thursday 11 November 2021

CCC#10 - Peaceful Cabin


Hello again and welcome to another Creative Colour Challenge (CCC), I'm so loving taking part in these challenges it gets me using colours that I wouldn't usually put together, which certainly gets my brain active 😉 thinking it through lol.

click on the above image to see how to join in with the fun

As you can see the colours look really nice together, and when I first saw them I thought of the 'Peaceful Cabin' bundle, so let's see how I made it!

My card base is using Basic Gray cardstock and it's a top folding card which then has a layer of Basic white on top, but first I decorated this piece before attaching to the front of the cardbase.

I made myself a mask using some masking sheets that I have in my stash, I cut it to be the same width as my card layer, but not as tall.


 I first start by tearing it straight down the middle, this is then layed onto my card layer, leaving a gap in the middle. I then applied Mossy Meadow ink onto the card showing throught the middle, using a blending brush. Leaving the mask pieces in place I then inked my tree image stamp up with the same colour ink, and using second generation ink, I stamped the images where required.


I then removed the mask from the bottom


Then I removed the top mask and replaced it with the bottom one


And then stamped the snowflakes image all over the top section using Pacific Point ink, then the top mask was removed revealing the scene that has been created.


Love this technique it's always so pleasing when you see what you've created.

To the bottom area of this layer I then applied some of the shimmery paste, using a palette knife and then set it aside to dry before glueing flat to the card front.

The cabin was stamped using Basic Gray ink and then die cut out. The trees were stamped using Mossy Meadow ink and then I fussy cut them out as I wanted to have them as seperate trees, rather than having them all in a row together. All of these pieces then had shimmery paste applied and were set aside to dry.

The sentiment which is from the Heartfelt wishes stampset was inked using Pacific Point ink, and then fussy cut around using my snips, this is attached to the card front using glue, only once the paste has dried!
The trees and cabin once dry were then attached using dimensionals and glue.



Hope you liked my take on the colour challenge, I certainly had fun creating my card.
Please do hop over to the CCC#10 to see what other people have made using this combination, and maybe while you're there join in with the challenge yourself.

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x


  Product List

Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00





2 comments:

  1. This is such a great card, gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in with Creative Colour Challenges this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Natalie, what a fun technique, love the trees and cabin, very wintery! x

    ReplyDelete