About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 12 October 2021

Gorgeous leaves -#CCC6

  



Hi everyone it's time for another CreativeColourChallenge and the colours for this week made me think of leaves as they fall onto the floor and start to lose their vibrant colours, so it had to be a 'Gorgeous leaves' card.


I chose to do another Dl card today as I wanted to be able to fit quite a few of the leaves across my card.
So I started off with a piece of thick basic white card 20cm x 20cm and scored it in half at 10cm. I used crumb cake card for the first front of ard layer and also for inside of the card too, these measured 9cm x 19cm, they were attached to the card flat.
The next layer which is white was about 2mm smaller all round. I stamped the dotty image with 2nd generation crumb cake ink, and then with 3rd and 4th generation for the larger dots all around the middle of the card piece. With my crushed curry and blushing bride stampin' write markers I flicked ink onto the card piece, just to add a bit more interest to the background, this piece was then glued flat to the front of the card.
For the leaves I stamped some in blushed bride ink and some in crushed curry, a few of them I inked up with blushing bride and then using a finger dauber a applied some of the crushed curry around the edges, this gives the leaves a different look to the others.
Crumb cake twine was attached to the front of the card using small amounts of glue to hold it in place. 
The leaves were all die cut out as were the crumb cake twigs. The leaves were attached to the card front some with glue others with dimensionals, the twigs were tucked under the leaves as I went.
Now when it came to the sentiment, the gorgeous leaves bundle doesn't have any, but I thought the sentiment from the 'Reflected in nature' stampset (yet to be used 😉) went really lovely with the leaves!

Hope you enjoyed what I made with the colour challenge, why not hop on over to the Creative Colour Challenges blog and see what other people have come up with for this combination of colours, or join in with the challenge yourself!

Until next time
Huge Crafty Hugs
Natalie x


Product List

Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00



10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Natalie. Thank you for joining in with Creative colour Challenges this week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for all of the challenges the colour combos are amazing x

      Delete
  2. Gosh you have been busy…those leaves look real Fab-u-lous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂😂 trying to get ahead for a weeks break as it's our birthdays next week and thought why not 😊. Thanks for commenting Debbie really do appreciate it xx Natalie

      Delete
  3. Ooo another slimline card, fabulous colours and love these fall leaves, so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne makes a change to do a different size card x😊

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Hazel very kind of you to say x😊

      Delete