About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 29 September 2020

Trimming the town


Hello everyone, and welcome to yet another make it on Tuesday. Today I've chosen to use the really cute 'Trimming the town' suite. The papers in this suite are just so lovely you even have papers that are used along with the dies as well as the stamps giving you lots of scope to make some gorgeous and cute christmas cards......... but wait you don't have to just use these little houses just for christmas, they could be used for many occasions such has 'New home' or 'Moving house' so don't just think on the lines of christmas.
On saying that though I have chosen today to make a realtively simple (but I think a really cute) card for christmas so let's begin.........

Materials needed:


Whisper white thick cardstock

1pc - 14.8cm x 21cm scored on the longside at 10.5cm for the card base
1pc - approx 14.4cm x 7cm for the die cutting and embossing of the front layer of card
Scrap pieces to die cut out all of the houses and the 2 front trees so you can strengthen the dsp that you've used
Scrap pieces to mat behind the wordings to strengthen the dsp

Trimming the town dsp

1pc - 14.4cm x 8cm for the front of card layer
1pc - to die cut out the 2 houses and the 2 trees



Card recipe:


1. Cut, score and burnish your card base.
2. Cut your piece of dsp for the front of card and then glue this flat using wet glue to the front of your card.
3. Die cut all of your little houses and trees from your card stock and your dsp and then glue them together (pairing the pieces up accordingly) using wet glue (this strengthens your dsp for when you mount them onto dimensionals).
4. Fussy cut all of your wordings out that you require and then mat them on to pieces of your white card and cut them around the edge ( this not only strengthens the wordings but gives them enough of a lift to be glued flat on to the card front still looking raised).
5. Now you need to die cut your piece of white card for the trees and then once it's die cut you can run it through your embossing folder, making sure you leave the trees hanging out of the embossing folder as you don't really want these to be embossed.


6. You can now add a little bit of sparkle onto the 4 trees that will be showing using your wink of stella glitter brush (not sure if it shows up much in the photo but I have done this myself).


7. Using dimensionals glue your snowflake embossed piece to the front of your card.
8. Now place dimensionals behind the houses and glue them on to the front of your card tucking the large house behind the hill slightly and the small house sitting over the hill.
9. Glue your dsp trees into place using wet glue and a dimensional to hold it level with the other layers of card etc. The large tree has a star placed at the top of it.
10. Glue your wordings into place where you would like them to be and that is the card finished.
Hope you liked the make today if you have any queries about it please do contact me. If you'd like to know about joining my team again please do contatct me I'll be only too pleased to help you. Take care everyone see you again very soon with another make.

Big Crafty Hugs
Natalie xx



 Product List
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00


The current HOSTCODE is available in the side bar of my blog if you're placing an on line order and it's under £150 please do use it as it enables me to send you a small gift the following month to show you my appreciation.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little Christmas card, such a simple card to put together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Debbie sometimes it's nice to just do simple xx

      Delete