About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Monday 21 September 2020

Mini catalogue swap 2020

Well hello everyone and welcome to my blog. I've recently taken part in a mini catalogue swap with some of the Pootler's team members, and this is the card that I made for the group that I was in. We had to use products from the then new mini catalogue to give each other some ideas as to how we've used them. Hope you like the card I made, I certainly had a lot of fun making it.



Materials needed:


Thick whisper white cardstock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 5/8" scored on long side @ 5 13/16" - card base

2pc - 2 1/8" x 3 5/8" for 2 x die cut tags - 1 tag 

Scrap pieces to stamp and die cut 1 x snowman  2 x trees

1pc - 5/8" x 2 3/4" for the sentiment banner


Purple posy cardstock

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 9/16" for front of card layer embossed 2" from the bottom

Scrap piece for die cutiing 1 x fern


Silver foil sheets

 piece for die cutting 3 x ferns


Snowflake splendor DSP

1pc - 2 1/8" x 3 5/8" for 1 x die cut tag

1pc - 1/2" x 3 7/8" for the strip on front of card


Whisper white cardstock

1pc - 4" x 5 11/16" for the inside of card - snowflakes stamped in all 4 corners


1 1/2" (3.8cm) Metallic mesh ribbon

1pc -approx 8" cut in half length ways for the tag bow (only half used)


Card recipe:

1. Cut, score and burnish your card base.

2. Cut, stamp and glue into place your inside of card layer.

3. Cut, emboss and glue to the front of your card your purple posy cardstock layer.

4. Cut and glue into place the dsp strip for the front of your card.

5. Die cut your 2 x white tags and emboss 1 of them. 

6. Die cut your dsp tag and then glue the other white tag that you've cut onto the reverse side (this makes the dsp tag stronger).

7. Stamp, die cut and colour your snowman, just die cut the trees they don't need colouring (stamp 1 x 1st generation ink and then 1 x 2nd generation ink).

8. Your 1st generation tree you need to cut into two seperate trees, glue the large one onto the embossed tag (over to the left side).

9. Glue your dsp tag over the embossed tag moving it to the right hand side a bit so that your tree shows.

10. Glue your snowman on to the tags using dimensionals, now glue the small tree under the snowman on the right hand side. Cut the 2nd generation tree in to two and glue the larger one under the snowman on the left hand side.

11. Take your piece of ribbon and thread it through the tag hole and tie it into a bow.

12. Glue the whole tag topper on to the front of your card using dimensionals.

13. Die cut all of your ferns and then gue them into place on the front of your card tucking them under the tag topper.

14. Cut your sentiment banner and stamp the sentiment on it, now using dimensionals glue this on the front of your card.

Hope you enjoyed the project, like I say I really loved making it the snowman is just so gorgeous. It's really hard for me to resist a snowman and when I saw it in the mini catalogue I just had to have it.

Take care till next time

Big Crafty Hugs

Natalie xx



Product list:


 Snow wonder bundle 155185

North pole wonder dies 153523

Winter snow embossing folder 153577

Thick whisper white cardstock 140490

Purple Posy cardstock 150887

Whisper white cardstock 106549

Silver foil sheets 132178

Snowflake splendor DSP 153512

Smoky slate classic stampin' pad 147113

Highland heather classic stampin' pad 147103

Neutrals stampin' write markers 147158

Regals stampin' write markers 147155

Balmy blue stampin' blends combo 154830

Highland heather stampin' blends combo 154887 

Just Jade stampin' blends combo 153107

Stampin' dimensionals 104430

Multi purpose liquid glue 154974

1 1/2" (3.8cm) Metallic mesh ribbon 153550



6 comments:

  1. He is such a cute snowman....I might just have to buy him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is cute and I love snowmen and snowflakes on christmas wintry cards x

      Delete
  2. Awww very cute and lovely to see a different colour palette of colour for Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne I love the purple post for Christmas xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Natalie a lovely snowman and the colours are fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww many thanks Ruth I always love a snowman xx

      Delete