About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Thursday 28 May 2020

Pretty little flower pot card

Today I thought I'd share with you all how I made the little flower pot card. It's a relatively easy project to acheive but  very pleasing to the eye never the less. I must just say though that I case'd this idea from a lovely lady called Amanda Charlesworth, when I was taking part in a challenge on one of our team scrimpy challenges.




Most of the products I've used for this project will be going live on my Stampin' Up! shop from the 3rd June, so I won't be giving you the product codes for these at this moment.

Materials I've used are as follows:

Cinnamon cider cardstock - new in colour
1pc 3 1/2" x 9" scored on the long side at 2" and 5 1/2" for card base
1pc 2" x 3 7/8 scored on long side at 3 1/2" for the back stand
1pc 2" x 3" scored on long side at 1 1/2" for the back stand
1pc 2 7/8" x 4 7/8" for the inside card
Scrap piece for leaves

Whisper white cardstock 
1pc 2 3/4" x 4 3/4" for the inside card

Just Jade cardstock - For the leaves
Garden green cardstock - For the leaves

Forever gold speciality dsp 
1 element cut in half for the top righthand side of inside card

Flowers for every season dsp
2 different small pieces for die cutting the flower border for front of the
flower pot and leaves paper for die cutting the leaves out

Blossoms in bloom stampset
For the sentiment on front of card

Ornate borders dies
For the flower border across the front of pot
and for the lace look edge on your pot

Greenery embossing folders
For the front of flower pot panel 

Field of flowers border punch
For the tiny flowers dotted about on the card

Forever flourishing dies
For all of the leaves and ferns

Pearl basic jewels
For along the border edge punched out on front of flower pot

Bumble bee gingham ribbon
To tie round the flower pot to keep shut

Paper snips

Multi purpose liquid glue




 First cut and score your card base. Folding the scores so you end up with a valley fold and then a mountain fold. The smaller fold is the lip of your flower pot where you're going to use your border punch to cut the edge. The other fold with the creased edge in it (this is going to be the bottom of your card), and you are going to need to make a mark 1/4" from each side of the creased edge, then as in the picture above you need to cut from the top edge (centre fold) down to your marks on both sides. This gives the look of the flower pot shape. You DO NOT cut the flower pot lip edge this stays as it is, and then you just die cut the lace border across this edge.




Emboss the middle panel of your card base, fold everything in to place to form the flower pot and tie a piece of ribbon round to keep it all together.
You now need to fold and burnish your 2 pieces for the stand, having the smaller piece glued just on the edges so that it glues to the inside bottom of your stand and then to the bottom of the reverse side of your pot, the small piece that is glued on the larger stand piece (as in picture above) will be glued centrally to the inside of your flower pot at the back. ( I added this to have the card stand freely but you don't necessarily have to add it ).



After glueing your 2 pieces for the inside together ( this is for your message ), you can now cut out a selection of leaves, some of them can be actually cut out from the dsp as the dies co-ordinate with some of the leaves within the papers. Just be aware not to glue the elements too far down as it will interfere with the card sliding in and out easily.
Having cut the gold element in half as in the picture above this will enable you to get 2 of these cards out of 1 gold element.
Have fun decorating your card to look how you want it.

Hope you enjoyed this project and understood it if you have any questions please do contact me or leave me a comment and I will get back to you. 

Have a lovely rest of the day
Big crafty hugs
Natalie x

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Natalie, this is so cute, what a great idea to display these lovely flowers in a terracotta style pot! Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou it is a little cutie isn't it and I think you could use it for so many different occasions x

      Delete