About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Monday 25 May 2020

Split card technique




Hi everyone what an amazing day it has been today in Essex, beautiful blue skies, very sunny and a slight breeze, what more could we ask for.
I've been busy today using a few of the new products ready to be released on 3rd June.
I made 2 cards last week using the technique called Split card technique, I never however blogged what I'd made, so I thought I enjoyed doing it so much that I'd do it again, using a different set.
I've used the beautiful Celebrate Sunflowers bundle along with the Greenery Embossing folders.
This time I've stepped it up a little bit from before and used an embossing folder to add a little bit more definition to my cards.


Materials:

Old olive cardstock
1pc - 11 3/4" x 4 1/8" scored on long side at 5 7/8" for base card

1pc - 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" scored on longside at 4 1/8" for base card

Scrap pieces for die cutting your leaves

Whisper white thick cardstock
1pc - 8" x 5 3/4" emboss both sides of the shorter ends with embossing folder

Whisper white cardstock
Scrap pieces to do all your stamping on before die cutting

Celebrate sunflowers
For stamping and die cutting

Old olive classic stampin' pad
Early espresso classic stampin' pad
Crushed curry classic stampin' pad

Sponge daubers for adding different colour to the centre of your sunflower and the leaves.


On your embossed piece of card down the centre you need to place and glue all of your die cut pieces, they go on top of each other to cover the white card underneath up. Just try and be aware that when you eventually cut this piece of card right through all of the die cuts (when dry) you need to have them layed out and glued so that you get bits on both sides of the middle.
Stamp your sentiment on to the front of your cards, I've chosen to do mine at an angle as it fits in between the embossed leaves. Glue each piece to the front of your cards add a few pearl gems job done.
I'm loving this technique as you get 2 cards at one time and I think it gives a lovely finish to a card.
Thanks for dropping by and taking a look.
Take care, stay safe and keep crafting.

Big crafty hugs
Natalie x








2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo beautiful sunflowers, love the colours and delicate look on your cards, great technique - how fun and two cards out of one process! Win, win :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a fun technique to use and you can do it with any stampset x

      Delete