About Me

My photo
My name is Natalie and I love anything to do with card/paper. I have been a papercrafter for many years now and I never get bored playing with all the wonderful products available. I've been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 35years now and we are still very much in love with each other as the first day we met each other. We have 3 wonderful children and 5 gorgeous grandchildren so we have lots to be thankful for. Since joining Stampin' Up! in 2018 I've grown so much in confidence with myself and I even tackle technology, which for me is a huge step to have taken, but I'm getting there slowly.

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Quick and easy card





Today in light of what's happening around the world, I thought I'd share a really quick and easy project with you all, hoping it cheers you all up.

I've made a really simple card using a sponge brayer, 2 finger daubers and 2 different colour inks, I've used Bermuda bay and Pear pizzaz for this card, but you could use whichever colours you wish.

You will need for this project:
1 x card blank
1 x matt 4mm smaller than card blank
1 piece of  12 x 12 flowering foils speciality dsp (free saleabration item with qualifying purchase until 31st March 2020)
2 x ink colours (your choice)
Sponge brayer
2 x finger daubers
Paper snips (scissors if not)
Scrap paper
Here's a card stampset ( for sentiment I've used)
Clear faceted gems ( or whatever is in your stash)
Adhesive of your choice 

1. Cut a piece of dsp to be the same height as your matt piece of card x 2inches wide.
2. Using your sponge brayer and your ink roll ink onto the dsp ( this is where you need your piece of scrap paper underneath so you don't get ink everywhere), using 1 colour on one side and then blending 2nd colour into this and over the otherside. Leave to dry for a bit.
3. With your finger daubers in a circular motion starting from the centre of your flowers, ink 5 flowers with the ink colour of your choice. Cut them out once dry.
4. Glue your strip of coloured dsp to the piece of matt card, then glue this piece to the front of your card.
5. Stamp your sentiment onto the front of your card.
6. Give your flowers a bit of shape using a bone folder or your fingers, whichever you prefer, glue them into place on the front of your card, add gemstones to the centres of your flowers.

And you have a pretty but simple card made. You could do this for any occasion in any colour. Have fun and give it a go.
All products used for this project are available from my on line shop.


Big Crafty hugs
Natalie xx


March Hostcode for orders under £150
JCZAT2UD

No comments:

Post a Comment